Welcome to the Guidance Department! We strive to help all students in the areas of academic achievement, personal/social development and career development, ensuring today's students become the productive, well-adjusted adults of tomorrow.
The counselor at Jennings Junior High School works to implement the Missouri Comprehensive Guidance and Counseling Program. There are four components to the program:
- Guidance Curriculum--this involves structured groups and classroom presentations.
- Individual Student Planning--this involves appraisal, development of Personal Plans of Study, and successful transition to high school.
- Responsive Services--this involves individual and small-group counseling, consultation, and referral.
- System Support--this involves program management, program evaluation, fair-share responsibilities, professional development, staff and community relations, consultation, committee participation, community outreach, and research and development.
The Guidance Department collaborates with....
- Preferred Family Healthcare
- St. Louis County Youth Connection Helpline
- Youth In Need
- Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.
- Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri
- St. Louis County Police
- Sigma Pi Phi
- Jennings business community